How To Pay Rent


How To Pay Rent

Rent payable to the association is due monthly in arrears, i.e. payment is due at the end of the month for the month that has passed. Rent is due on or before the 28th of each month and can be paid:

·        At any Post Office using the rent card provided. You can also use your rent card to pay your rent at any shop with displays a ‘Payzone’ or “PayPoint” sign. There is no fee for using this service.


·        By Direct Debit. Forms are available at the link below, or contact the office and we’ll send you one. You can choose to pay weekly, fortnightly, four weekly or monthly.

·        By debit card. Call us, or pop into the office, with your debit card details and we will take a payment from you.

·        By standing order from a bank account. Forms are available at the link below or alternatively contact the office. You can pay weekly, fortnightly, four weekly or monthly.

·        By housing benefit which is usually sent direct to the association. If housing benefit pays part of your rent, you should pay the remainder using one of the other methods described above.

·        Online – please ensure you have your tenant reference number to hand before proceeding. You will need to register your details on the website before you use this method. Click on the following link and follow the instructions on the New User section of the site: Santander Online Bill Payment

Your Rent Account            

Details of tenants’ rent accounts are held on the association’s computer system. Accounts are updated every day and up to date balances available at all times. Tenants can obtain a rent account statement at any time by contacting the office.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit

We advise tenants to apply for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit when first signing their tenancy agreement. Forms are available from the office and staff are more than happy to help with completing the forms. Entitlement to these benefits is calculated by Financial Services at 30 Charles Street, Royston. Their contact telephone number is 0141 287 5050. If you want to make a claim at any time, please contact us or Financial Services directly.  If there is any change in your circumstances, ie if you start working, then you must notify Financial Services immediately


Direct Debit Mandate

Standing Order Mandate

Spire View Housing Association is registered under Industrial & Provident Societies Act 1965: Reg No. 2295R(S)
Registered with the Scottish Government No. HAC136
Scottish Registered Charity No. SC033266

Go to top