Carbon Monoxide

Carbon Monoxide and Carbon Monoxide poisoning is incredibly dangerous and can even be fatal. 

We have compiled information on how to spot a Carbon Monoxide leak, where should you fit Carbon Monoxide detectors and what to do if suspect you are suffering from Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. 

Carbon Monoxide Detectors

Make sure you have a Carbon Monoxide detector fitted in all rooms where there is carbon fuelled appliances, for example, boilers, fires (including open fires), gas or paraffin heaters, stoves or a flue.

To ensure safety, all gas boilers should be serviced once a year, this is a requirement, we, as your landlord, must stick to and we will contact you via letter the next time your gas boiler is due its annual safety check.

How to prevent a Carbon Monoxide leak
  • Ensure any rooms with fuel burning appliances or boilers are properly ventilated.
  • Never block air bricks or vents.
  • Never block outside grills or flues.
What to do if you suspect a Carbon Monoxide leak
  • Turn off gas and appliances.
  • Open the windows.
  • Exit the house.
  • Call 999 or the National gas Emergency Services on 0800 111 999.
What does Carbon Monoxide Poisoning look like?
  • Frequent headaches.
  • Nausea.
  • Dizziness.
  • Breathlesness.
  • Confusion.
  • Collapsing.
  • Loss of consciousness.

If you suspect you are suffering from Carbon Monoxide poisoning, seek medical attention immediately.